Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Conversation with a Security Man

As I walk to pick up my plate at the cafeteria, I turned around to see all the tables were empty, deserted.

I just spotted one person who was half way through his meal, he was the security officer. I thought it would be good if I went and sat before him to eat. I served my little bit and went walking to his table.

He greeted me with a pleasant smile as I smiled back and we started off our conversation.

He looks fairly an old man probably in his early 50's. I happened to ask him how many kids do you have, he replied he had a son.

I asked him what his son was doing, while expecting that boy would probably be graduated by now, assuming his father's age. This man replied he is in Kindergarten. "Kindergarten??", I exclaimed.

He slowly muttered that he lost his older son and continued. His son was murdered by his college-mates. The father does not know the reason why his only son was killed. He said that he could not fight the case against the culprits considering the fact that he is a petty security man to bear all the legal expenses.

His son was placed in a nice job. He had to just start working after a few months of his course and bring up his family! Who knew all the dreams of a simple father would all come down crashing.

While I was stuck staring at him in a shock, he said,"sorry that I disturbed you", and he left.

I thought I should not complain about my own small problems in life knowing what this man went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment